Saturday, April 4, 2009

Momentous... moments.

Yesterday a moment I will probably remember for the rest of my life happened.

My letter from the CSU International Programs Office arrived. In said letter awaited the fate of my next school year.

I held it in my hands and thought:
What will this tell me?
Am I going to be studying in France for a year?
Am I going to be devastated when I open this letter?

A ray of hope shined through when I felt the letter and it felt thick.
Why would they be sending me so many papers if I didn't get in?

I yelled for my roommate to come stand near me as I opened the letter.
As I slowly opened the cover letter by two thirds I read the first word in the first sentence.

For 5 seconds all I could see was "Congratulations!"
This was then followed by me screeching "I GOT IN! I GOT IN!" and jumping 2 feet in the air before grabbing my roommate in a hug and shedding a few tears.

I, Marie Bryan, will be going to the south of France this coming August to study and hopefully become fluent in French.

I am so excited, I cannot wait for it all to be finalized.

What's between me and august now other than time?
The first in a series of packets of forms to fill out.
This first packet? 45 pages long. *sigh* The next couple months will be a frenzy of paperwork, school work, regular work, and hopefully some friend time in there too.

And now for the...
picture of the day:



I think I shall miss my city by the bay a little when I'm in France

1 comment:

Cassandra W said...

is that taken from bernal?

AWESOMECARAMBAOMFGBBQ! I am so excited for you lovely! holy shit! you are so stoked.

I am visiting you, just so you know. schedule some cass spooning time, because I'll be there.