Thursday, April 2, 2009

#2 BEDA: FML- A look at the phenomenon

"Today, at work the police were looking over video footage of an incident earlier in the day where a car had slammed hard into another one in the carpark. My manager came into the kitchen and asked if I wanted to come see it to for a laugh. The car that got hit was mine. FML"

This is one of the many stories you will find on fmylife.com
It's kind of crazy how popular this site has become.
It makes we wonder why we all love it so much.
Does it make us feel better to see how much other people's lives suck?
Do we just like laughing at people's stupidity?

I think it's a little bit of each. I know I read some of them and laugh, but there are a lot of them that are just sad. The ones that make me the most annoyed are the bad parenting ones. I really don't get how some parents think it's ok to say some the stuff they do to their kids. It's just so insensitive and cruel.

But then there are some of them that are just a misunderstanding that could be easily solved by a simple explanation.

Like this one:
"Today, I was called by my 9 year old son's teacher. He had handcuffed himslef to his desk with handcuffs he found in my room. I was told to please bring in the key and not to leave my sex toys out where a child could get them. I am a cop. FML"

Just tell the teacher you are a cop!!! It's really not that hard. Plus then the teacher would feel horrible for saying that to you and you just got your revenge right there.

I also find it fun to read this site with my roommate. We sit here and read it together and laugh or get angry together. It's pretty nice.
So maybe fmylife.com has a postsecret like quality to it. It brings people together by sharing common happenings and feelings. Hm the internet is an interesting place.

You might be asking why did she decide to do a blog post on fmylife? Actually it was because I've never seen fml used so much then when I was looking through all the blog posts on here.

And now that catches me up on my blogging because I started a day late so I wrote two today to compensate for that.

No comments: