Thursday, April 2, 2009

#1 Blog Every Day in April - Here's the start

So before I copy paste this I should explain that Maureen Johnson, a young adult author, decided to blog every day in april and make it a project for herself. Then everyone decided to do it and I decided to join in the crowd. This is the first post. It was first posted here: http://maureenjohnson.ning.com/profiles/blogs/blog-1-introductions

Hey everyone out there in the Maureen Johnson world.
This is my first attempt at a blog post for the blog every day in April project.
So here we go!

I guess I will start of telling you guys that I do have my own blog on blogger, but I never update it. In fact I just had to go on to the site to remember what my blog is even called. I did find it though, it happens to be called "Musings of a Mad Woman" and the site address is this: espoirpaixamour.blogspot.com.
Interesting fact about what my address is "espoirpaixamour", it is actually what my tattoo says. My tattoo has three words in french surrounding three rosebuds. It's on my hip so not many people see it. The words are espoir, which means to hope, paix, which means peace, and amour, which most people know means to love.
I felt the need to get this tattoo because at the time I was getting to be really cynical about everything in my life. My tattoo tries to remind me to see the good in the world. There is no point in focusing on the negative if you are not going to do anything about it to make it positive. You will have no fun in life if you are a constant cynic is what I say.

Moving on, I think maybe I should tell you guys a little about myself.
I'm 20 years old and I live in San Francisco and go to school at San Francisco State. SFSU is at times very frustrating, but I'm pushing through my classes. My major is photojournalism and I'm just stating out in photography. I really love taking pictures though, maybe I'll post some of my work up here so you can take a look.

Maybe that's one thing I can do on here everyday. Make it a photo everyday april. It will get me out and taking pictures everyday and will actually help me improve my photography.

Ok so there is one idea to help me commit to this site and this project.

I think I will end this first post with a little tidbit of what I am waiting on this week. So my school has an awesome study abroad program. I have been studying french for the last couple semesters after studying it in high school and I decided I really wanted to become fluent in french. Also, I really love traveling. There is something so invigorating to go to far away places and learn about history and cultures. These two things led me to really want to study abroad so I applied for a learn language program in the south of France, specifically in Aix-en-Provence. After the crazy application process and waiting for about 2 months I am finally going to find out this week whether or not I got into the program. I am so nervous!

Well so long for now.

No comments: