Thursday, September 18, 2008

Don't try to hold me back

My dad said something to me a couple months ago that really explained how I feel all the time.
He said, "Marie, you've got the wander lust."

I realize that is exactly what I have, down to the "t" in lust.
I want to travel the world and experience everything. And when I mean the world I mean the world, not just Europe but Asia and Africa and Australia. I want to explore the jungles of Thailand and Bali. I want to wander through ancient building and ruins and feel the history around me.

I want to learn history through immersing myself in it, not learning it from a book.
Books are so two dimensional. You do not get all sides of the story and culture from a book, you can only get that from being there.

This is why I do not like college that much because I feel like it is just another step, another obstacle in my way before I can do what I want to do. And I feel like the longer I stay here the more debt is piled on my back and that is going to be a heavy load to carry when traveling the world.
I need to find a profession that pays me to do this. Any suggestions?